Our bereavement counselors provide empathetic, sensitive support service for families and friends during their time of grief. We continue to offer services at no charge to families even after death occurs.
These services include:
• Support in person and by phone
• Supportive visits by bereavement volunteers
• Literature related to grief mailed to the home of the grieving
• Grief groups
• Lending library offering grief literature
• Annual memorial service
These services are available to all members of the community whether the loved one was a hospice patient or not.
Join the staff of Rockbridge Area Hospice for a Ladies’ Lunch. The group meets on the 1st Thursday of each month at noon at Salerno’s Pizza in Lexington. This bereavement support group is open to women in the community that would like to make new friends, meet with old friends, and to meet with Rockbridge Area Hospice Staff.
Join the staff of Rockbridge Area Hospice for Lunch. The group meets on the 2nd Thursday of each month at noon at Salerno’s Pizza in Lexington. This bereavement support group is open to anyone in the community that would like to make new friends, meet with old friends, and to meet with Rockbridge Area Hospice Staff.
Grief to Growth
Grief to Growth is a support group for anyone who has experienced the death of a friend or family member even if the deceased loved one was not under the care of Rockbridge Area Hospice. The group takes place twice a year for six weeks, at the Rockbridge Area Hospice office, please call RAH for dates for the next session.
- RAH will offer the first G2G session for 2014 beginning in March. The sessions will run for six weeks starting on March 6th from 2pm-4pm in the RAH Conference Room. This support group for adults is open to anyone in the Rockbridge Area community. Please contact Tony Nix for more information or to sign up. Click here for flyer.
New Journey Grief Support
A drop-in support opportunity open to anyone in the community who is recently bereaved. New Journey Grief Support is offered the 2nd Monday of each month at the Rockbridge Regional Library from 2-3pm.
Family and Friends of Suicide
Are you struggling with a loss? This group is open to anyone who has lost a friend or family member to suicide. Please contact RAH for monthly meeting time/date.